January 04, 2012

Review - "Missing daughter - shattered family" by Liz Strange

Genre: Crime

My evaluation

I was pleasantly surprised! This was my first novel by Liz Strange, and I read it in one go. It was not fast paced action or heavy suspence that actually kept me turning pages, more the authors captivating writing and the always new twist and turns of the story. Strange manages to build a very stong set of characters in this book, without making it too complex. David, the PI and main character, is a very convincing ex policeman working on a missing daughter case - and there is, of course, much more to the story than we are led to believe at the beginning. The writing is easy going, without ever being slow, boring or superfluous. I just found myself reading on and on, eager to see if my own conclusions through the novel matched the end.

A nice touch to the story is the parallel development of David's relationship to a prosecutor and how the existing investigation affects his personal life. This adds depth to the novel instead of taking the focus away from the original plot. It's difficult to review a crime novel and avoid spoilers, so I just have to say - Give it a try, because this is a very good read! :-)


My rating

of 5



Paperback: 292 pages
Publisher: MLR Press (September 2, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 160820412X
ISBN-13: 978-1608204120



Pic of the day: Happy New Year from snowy Norway :-)


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...